Customer Experience and Onboarding Agent
About the Role
We are seeking a Customer Experience and Onboarding Agent to support our client-facing teams when onboarding and activating new borrowers and investors. In this role, you will perform due diligence/AML checks when onboarding customers and resolve customer queries.
The role is suited to an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and strong customer service focus. You will develop a deep understanding of how we work as a business, support borrowers as well as investors, and learn about regulatory requirements for financial service providers. This role is a great way to make your first step into a rapidly-growing and fast-paced financial technology company.
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed.
We operate a peer-to-peer platform that matches investors’ funds with ambitious businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft, but we want to be smoother, faster and more efficient!
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about taekwondo or opera, we want to hear from you. We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We’re only as strong as the sum of our parts, and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need, now and in the future, and going out of our way to beat expectations.
On a day to day basis you will
- Work with our investors and borrowers to help onboard them
- Manage a range of support channels (e.g. live chat, email, telephone) and resolve customer queries
- Assess the risk profile of our investors and borrowers according to our Anti-Money Laundering policy
- Run the required KYC checks on our customers
- Support business-wide projects which aim to improve our onboarding processes
Competencies & Traits you will need to be successful in this role
- Attention to detail - You are a fast learner and have the ability to manage administration tasks accurately whilst providing a high level of customer service.
- Highly organised - You are able to juggle multiple priorities at the same time and execute well in a fast paced environment.
- Communication - You have the confidence and patience to connect with a wide range of people and you are always approachable, helpful and polite.
- Team player - You are reliable, accommodating of others and put the interests of the team above your own.
- Enthusiastic - You communicate new ideas, look to learn, and are passionate about your work and service that you provide.
Previous Experience we would like to see
- Experience in conducting KYC/AML checks on customers is preferable, but not required
- You will have proven experience in a customer facing environment
- You will have experience in financial services and/or start-ups
- You will be curious about expanding your knowledge about the peer-to-peer lending
- Salary range between £25-28k depending on experience and potential
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns, a busy social calendar and more.
The role is based in our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and offer a diverse working environment.