Growth Graduate Intern
About the role
We are currently looking for an ambitious Growth Graduate Intern. Working across two teams for 3 months each, the role will report to two team leaders in the 6-month period. Previous Growth Graduate Interns have joined the team as full time employees after their graduate internship.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic to learn, willing to get stuck in to a wide range of projects, and keen to be part of a fast-growing financial technology startup. You will be joining the business at a really exciting time of rapid growth and development, working alongside motivated and talented people who are passionate about what they do.
This could be a role that you will absolutely love, if...
- You are self-motivated and comfortable participating in a diverse set of projects
- You want to jump into a start up and learn a broad set of skills quickly
- You are willing to take the initiative in key projects across the business
- You have an interest in the fintech industry and want to be part of a new wave of financial services
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed.
We operate a peer-to-peer platform that matches investors’ funds with ambitious businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft, but we want to be smoother, faster and more efficient!
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about taekwondo or opera, we want to hear from you. We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We’re only as strong as the sum of our parts, and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need, now and in the future, and going out of our way to beat expectations.
The Growth Street Graduate Intern Program:
The Graduate Interns have worked on key projects in every major area at Growth Street. Typically the program consists of two 3-month rotations in different areas of the company. This will allow you to get to know the business, and identify where you see yourself contributing most, while leading key projects to help drive the business forward.
As a Growth Graduate Intern you will:
- Do two three-month projects with different customer facing teams
- Take ownership of a key area of the business and drive measurable improvements
- Learn about our key systems and tools, and use them to grow our customer base
- Be expected to throw yourself into our culture
- Work with key managers across the company to develop and scale our products
Some of the past projects that our Growth Graduate Interns either managed or participated in include:
- The selection, procurement and implementation of a new feedback-centralising tool (as part of the Product team)
- The design, creation and implementation of an updated credit decisioning model (as part of the credit team)
- The development, marketing and launch our in-house Cash Flow Forecasting tool (as part of the Partnerships team)
If you demonstrate the right skills and mindset, you will be offered a full time role. Previous Growth Graduate Interns have become full time employees in the marketing, corporate development, engineering, operations, partnerships and commercial teams.
- Have recently completed your degree or you currently are in your final year of study and will have finished it before September 2019
- Demonstrate a Growth Mindset
- Be comfortable handling a steep learning curve
- Know how to manage uncertainty
- Have a clear interest in start ups and financial services
- London living wage (£20,000 per annum)
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary (after successful completion of the internship)
- Participation in an employee equity scheme (after successful completion of the internship)
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- A strong and clear company culture focused on growth
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns and a busy social calendar
- Flexible working arrangements
The role is based in our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Due to the type of this internship we are unable to consider any applicants outside of the EU who require a visa sponsorship.