Software Development Engineer in Test
About the role
We're looking for a driven Software Development Engineer in Test to minimize our change failure percentage and increase our deployment speed. You'll enjoy this role if you like the opportunities and challenges of working in a growing business and building extensible, secure and performant systems using widely accepted best practices. You will play a genuinely impactful part that makes a difference to our customers and the industry. You'll collaborate daily with engineering, product and commercial colleagues and help to build an effective and creative working culture.
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed. We're using technology to modernise the business loans sector.
We offer an innovative product that matches a wide range of investors’ funds with the working capital needs of ambitious businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft but gives customers a smoother, faster, and more flexible experience.
Growth Street was founded in 2015 and we're a growing company of 70 people. We have 20 people working in Technology, building cloud-native systems drawing on experience from companies that include Lovefilm, BBC, Yahoo, Reuters, Bloomberg, JP Morgan and Amazon.
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – When we bring our skills and talent together we are at our best. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need now and in the future, and we go out of our way to beat expectations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity organisation that embraces a diverse and inclusive working culture.
You can find more about what it’s like to be an engineer at Growth Street at https://www.growthstreet.co.uk/engineering.
The role is based out of our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.
You will be a great hire if you can have an impact for the business by:
- Designing, developing and executing automation scripts using open source tools
- Collaboratively helping to define and evolve the QA Strategy
- Defining our quality metrics, then leading key improvements in critical areas
- Building and maintaining the correct systems and processes to continuously track and review key quality metrics
- Being responsible for designing and producing tests and defining corrective actions when quality deviates unacceptably
- Ensuring a fast QA feedback loop for our services
- Creating self-documented and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating and planning testing activities
Your qualifications, skills and motivations
If you can answer "yes" to most of these questions you'd be a great fit:
- Do you have hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as tox, selenium, pytest and beyond?
- Do you have solid knowledge of Python and bash scripting?
- Do you have experience with automated test frameworks?
- Do you have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process?
- Do you have experience in a service-oriented API-first environment?
- Do you have experience with performance and/or security testing? - a plus but not mandatory.
- Do you have experience with deployment pipelines? - a plus if the experience is with Gitlab.
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Strong and clear company values focused on growth
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books; weekly lunch & learns and a busy social calendar
- Flexible working arrangements